So, it’s been, what, two months and a couple of days since I last tried to post something on here? Yes, the 28thApril, I failed to post something. Actually, let me rephrase that: I FAILED TO POST SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE. You see, I failed to put in “std::” before an “endl”, and I had two “endls” in a certain line of code. I failed to recognize that fact, and so I made a 300-word-ish blog post which I finished and ALMOST posted before I took a small gander at the code again and found out that I was being stupid all along. Hooray…
Anyway, I haven’t been posting much because I’ve literally not been in the mood for neither posting nor coding. Why haven’t I been learning C++ like I said I would? Hmm… gee, I wonder why. Oh yeah, I know! I have a list of raisins… reasons as to (?) why:
- Every program I make is a complete mess, and I lack the aptitude and perhaps the patience to continue with the same project. I say I “might lack patience” because I think it’s more related to the fact that I’m not really making anything worthwhile, nor am I actually learning anything, because I’m using the same syntax over and over and over again; if I had to guess, my “syntax vocabulary” is probably equivalent to a one-year-old’s vocabulary. Going further, I fail to use half of this vocabulary anywhere.
- Whenever I have a problem, I am completely unable to understand anything of what is being said. For instance, if I want to learn how to return a private integer array in a class to my main function, I look it up. I’m expecting a close-to-Earth answer, but no! I get this weird tangled mess of pointers and horrible explanations that make no sense to me whatsoever. Granted I haven’t yet bought a book or anything regarding C++ or computer science in general, but considering the fact that many of the people asking are supposedly “new to C++”, I can’t exactly say I’m impressed by the answers.
- There aren’t nearly enough tutorials. When I say this, I mean “tutorials that aren’t boring as shit and that actually cover what I want them to cover”. It seems the only viable tutorials are the ones made by thenewboston. All other tutorials are either boring as shit or they have this queer foreigner who speaks barely-decipherable English, and that’s “queer” as in “weird and annoying”.
- I’m confused. DO I USE BREAK, OR NOT? AM I ALLOWED TO USE PUBLIC INTEGERS, OR NOT? MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS! It’s like everything within programming is a big-ass fucking no-no to at least 50% of all programmers!
- I’m stuck. Yes, I’m stuck. What the fuck do I do now? Okay, I can stick around with the console for another two years and perfect my typing skills, at least as far as making simple calculators go, but that doesn’t sound very fun. If anything, I’d like to make something more of a project. I do have a couple of ideas, but the problem is I can’t because I’M FUCKING STUCK!
I’m sure there are other reasons, but I really can’t be arsed typing more. It’s just going to take more work, and that’s useless when I’m not getting any money for doing this, anyway.
You know what? We should all just sleep. That’s easy. Just close your eyes. You don’t need to program your brain to do that; that’s automatic by default. Fucking shit.
(?) I hate the prepositional phrase “as to” so hard!