I fixed the problem described in my previous blog post. It was quite a simple fix, actually. It involved going on Google and typing “NetBeans”, subsequently downloading an exemplar of the program whose name is equivalent to said search query and using this program to compile an executable .jar file instead. Now my .jar file’s size got lower than ever, at a staggering 5, count them: FIVE, kilobytes!
Moral of the story: NEVER use [REDACTED].
And, yes, I know I am utterly inept at this stuff, but I really just want to code. I have not yet arrived at the “programming” part yet.
Why is it that there has to be at least fifty issues beyond any possible explanation whenever it comes to exporting my files? Seriously, I just want to export my files, but I now notice that every time I export my package to a runnable .jar file, the exported .jar file doubles in size for every export made. What the fuck?
Seriously, I just want to export my fucking program! That means I want to create A CLEAN .JAR FILE with NO USELESS GARBAGE exported along with it. BUT NO! Let’s just throw in as much old shit at possible because it’s hard to export properly!
Here’s how I export:
- In Eclipse, I go to File –> Export…;
- I select the stupid “Runnable JAR file” option that apparently doesn’t work properly;
- I make sure my current launch configuration is my current package and save the exported .jar file as a new file in whatever place I wish;
- and, since I don’t know what the fuck the other options are, I finally just proceed to export the piece of shit.
- NOT PROFIT! I go to look at the fucking file,and it’s two times bigger than the file that was generated last time I exported the exact same fucking program as a runnable .jar file! GOOD JOB.
If anyone reads this, could you please explain what the hell is going on? Googling this turns up nothing because reasons. The reason this is an issue is because I just finished the third program in the Google Code Jam for the “Africa 2010 Qualification Round” (T9 Spelling), and it happens to be in the same package as all the other things. But, seriously, what the fuck do the .jar files double in size every export for?
Edit: I now have a .jar file that’s 77 MEGABYTES in size. FUCK OFF!
Another Google Code Jam entry of mine is available under the RGG’S PROGRAMS –> Java menu. This time, it’s the “Store Credit” challenge. Once again, I have not followed the problem text to a tee, and, once again, I don’t give a shit.
Making it was alright. It was a bit finicky, but I managed to pull through. Good. Just make sure not to input any negative numbers or anything; I haven’t quite managed to handle my exceptions yet. Fuck exceptions. The only exceptions I need are the exceptions to my programming experience due to its uselessness.
Just stopping by to note that I have begun doing shit on my own. Not really going to be doing any programs with GUIs or anything in the near future for various reasons. Anyway, I found some practice problems on Google Code Jam, and I have already done one of them, although I followed the problem loosely, i.e. not printing text verbatim according to the problem text. Whatever.
Anyway, if you want to run the thing for yourself, the .jar file and its accompanying batch file for quick Windows launching can be downloaded here. Once again, if Google scans this and finds that it needs to mark this as a malicious file, it can go straight to hell.